Jackson County Environmental Health Citizen Portal
This portal will assist you in applying for permits. There are different applications for different kinds of permits. A description of all the permits is below. A food permit is required any time food is provided to the general public.
Complete a plan review, pay fees, re-new your Food Establishment permit, or apply for a Temporary Food Permit.
- Food Establishment Permit - A new food establishment is required to do a New Establishment Plan Review prior to construction. The plan review fee of $300.00 does not include the fee for a yearly permit. The fee for the annual permit will be determined at the pre-opening inspection.
- Food Establishment Changing Ownership - An existing food establishment that changes ownership is required to do a Change of Ownership Plan Review. The plan review fee of $300.00 does not include the fee for a yearly permit. Permits are not transferrable from the previous establishment.
- New Mobile Unit Permit - A mobile unit applying for a permit must complete a New Mobile Unit Plan Review. The plan review fee of $300.00 does not include the fee for a yearly permit.
- Food Establishment Remodel Plan Review - Any food establishment doing a renovation including, but not limited to building additions, demolition of walls, movement of sinks, or addition of equipment to accommodate menu or service changes must complete this application prior to beginning the remodel.
- Temporary Food Permit - This permit is required for anyone temporarily providing food to the general public. This permit is good for 14 days in one location.
- Non-Profit Temporary Food Permit - This application allows for 4 temporary food permits at a discounted rate for non-profit organizations. Documentation of non-profit status is required.
For further information, please visit these links:
- Food Code Fees At A Glance
- Guidelines for Mobile Food Vendors
- Guidelines for Temporary Food Facilities
- Farmer's Market and Other Public Functions Guidelines
Apply for, pay fees, or re-new your Lodging Establishment Permit.
Inspections are used by the Health Department to measure food and lodging establishments' compliance with sanitation codes. The Department provides protection against foodborne illness by assuring that foods provided by food service establishments, retail food stores, and temporary food service events are protected against contamination or adulteration.
All critical violations are corrected within 24 - 72 hours by food service establishments even though inspection report on the web may not indicate correction.